I spent the last week doing one of my favorite things: Vacation Bible School. God blessed us with over 350 children between the ages of 4 and 12. He also provided a staff of over 100 youth and adults who volunteered to spend time with His precious children. I find myself perfectly tired today and thankful. So, here are my top ten lessons from VBS.
1. Take time each morning to lean into God and pray. Nothing compares to starting your day centered on our mighty God.
2. Watching an enormous crowd of children dance, sing and wave their hands in worship is beyond humbling and completely glorious!
3. When the devil tries to throw stumbling blocks in the way of God’s plans, he will lose. God will not be stifled, wavered or detoured when He is on the move.
4. When Jesus enters the room, everything changes.
5. Joy is contagious and kindness is infectious. Both have the power to transform the world around us.
6. Free breakfast and hot coffee is a beautiful thing.
7. Generosity of spirit begins with direct eye contact, open ears and a willing heart.
8. Just when you think that you are doing ministry, God shows you that He is actually ministering to you.
9. An ice pack, a band aid or a cotton ball are cure all’s for most minor injuries. (Thank you Stephanie 😉).
10. When you’re lonely, Jesus rescues. When you worry, Jesus rescues. When you struggle, Jesus rescues. When you do wrong, Jesus rescues. When you’re powerless, Jesus rescues.
And now I have it all—and keep getting more! The gifts you sent with Epaphroditus were more than enough, like a sweet-smelling sacrifice roasting on the altar, filling the air with fragrance, pleasing God to no end. You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. Our God and Father abounds in glory that just pours out into eternity. Yes. Philippians 4:18-20 MSG